Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, April 5, 2014

Jesus Is Not Dead

     I am anxious to see the new movie entitled, God's Not Dead.   Friends have told me it is a good movie, and one even said he got right up to the ticket window and was told, "Sorry, the seats are sold out." 
     With the movie, God's Not Dead, and Easter only a few weeks away, I got to thinking about my Jesus dying on the cross for me and His great Salvation plan.  I can only say that I am so blessed to have a Lord who loves me enough to allow those who hated Him to nail Him to the cross for my sins.


Jesus Is Not Dead

His wounds ran blood red!
  Skin torn and pierced-
  Body whipped-
 
Friends stood and wept in dread!
  Darkness fell-
  The ground shook-

Hanging on the cross, Jesus bled!
  Hope sprang forth-
  Promises fulfilled-
 
Lying upon His death bed!
  Angels stood nearby-
  The stone rolled away-
 
Word spread!
  “The tomb is empty!”
   Hearts lifted-
 
He arose the Living Bread!
  Lives changed-
  Brokenness healed-
 
In resurrection, Jesus became the Thread!
  The Way-
  The Deliverer-
 
He is not dead!
  Souls are saved-
  Eternal life proclaimed!
                                              Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment