Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Garden

       To the best of my recollection, my dad never planted his garden until Good Friday.  For that reason I simply cannot wait to get out in “A Friendly Shade” and plant my own garden.  As I contemplate planting my tomatoes and other vegetables, I can't help but think of how beautiful the Garden of Eden must have been.  God had given man direction on how to keep it and dress it.  He only had one request.  As with all humans, we have such a sinful flesh nature, the request was disobeyed.  That disobedience is the exact reason I will be sweating as I struggle to till and plant my garden. 
     Yet, I am so thankful there was another garden called Gethsemane.  It was there Jesus went in deep despair and prayed, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will but as thou wilt.”   In His anxiety, knowing how cruelly He would be treated, Jesus was still willing to be placed on a cross and let nails be hammered into His hands for me. 
     This Easter, I praise God and think Him for giving me salvation through grace as I remember the importance of two other gardens in history. 
 
  The Garden of Eden vs. Gethsemane
The Garden ...
    A paradise,
    All, green and lush.
    Cheerful sounds of a chirping thrush-
    All was beautiful and nice.
 
The Garden...
    The soul was grieved,
    Despair filled the heart.
    Father and Son were to be torn apart-
    Suffering and pain to be received.
 
The Garden...
     Freedom to end,
     Sin would be unfurled.      
     Suffering and fear was to enter the world;
     Man and woman would sin and offend.

The Garden...  
     Freedom was to begin.
     No one understood
     The Man who had done earthy good;
     Nails would soon pierce His skin. 
 
The Garden...
      Disobedience contemplated;
      The serpent simmering in deception;
      Knowledge a preconception;
      Man found sin overrated. 
 
The Garden...  
       Men slept; tears were wept in this place-
       A betrayal was finished!
       God's plan was not diminished;
       The kiss of death, the beginning of Grace.
                                            Mary Nell Jameson 4/17/14
      

          

No comments:

Post a Comment