Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Garden

    I have a garden neatly fenced, tilled, and planted in “A Friendly Shade.”  It is filled with a combination of squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers because it takes them all to create a flavoring of fresh food for the table.  This garden is important to me, and I strive to keep it weed and bug free.  If the plants look thirsty, I add water to rejuvenate their vines.  Then I proudly stand back to watch as blooms form and burst forth with delicious vegetables.    
     Just as I tend my garden, God watches over His.  There is a song that reminds me of how God attends to His garden. 

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

      I am the product of God’s garden.  It is God who waters, weeds, and harvests.  I bloom and produce because of Him.  When I am weak, He makes me strong.  When I am tired, He refreshes me. When I am apprehensive, He gives me peace.  When I need direction, He is there. 
     My growth is not for a season to be wilted down and tilled under but rather is ongoing, needing constant renewal from the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.  It is because of this right mix of love in my life that I can wake up refreshed with new flavorings in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment