Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, July 11, 2014

Do A Work In Me

As I drove into my driveway after work I could not help but notice how badly the yard needed mowing.  The weeds were quickly shooting up and overcoming the beauty of a fresh mowed lawn.  I determined it was time to restore the yard, make it look attractive, and by all means get rid of those hideous weeds which were invading the good grass around my home.    I needed to do "a work on the yard,"  but more than that, God needed to do a work in me. 
 
Do a Work in Me
 
Do a work in me, Lord!
Change me and keep me restored.
 
Moisten my eyes;
Melt them to tears
For compassion through all my years.
Mold my heart;
Soften it; make it kinder, still;
Let it be forgiving, holding no ill-will.
 
Lord, do a work in me;
A work for you that all may see.
 
Control my tongue;
Let the words you inspire
Flow forth as a witness to set hearts on fire.
Change my desires.
Give me a patient love;
One others can grab hold of.
 
Lord, do a work in me;
A work for you that all may see.
 
 Weaken my knees;
Bend them for kneeling
As I pray for other’s healing.
Rid me of selfishness.
Lend me a listening ear,
One willing to simply sit and hear.
 
Take my arms and my hands;
Make them strong
To hold and comfort, thou it take the whole day long.
Strengthen my legs and my feet;
Help me run, with joy, a constant pace
To complete my task ‘til I see you face to face.
 
Do a work in me, Lord!
Change me and keep me restored.
 
      Mary Crisp Jameson – 7/6/2014

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.  Matthew 5:16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment