Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Garden Prayer

     My Friendly Shade is a blessing to me but what makes it even more enjoyable are the talks I have with God.  As I thought on my prayer for today, I am reminded of one of my favorite old time songs, In The Garden

"I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on roses
And the voice I hear falling
On my ear the son of God discloses
And He walks with me and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known"



     My prayer for today is:

Lord,
I stand in your presence in awe of you,
your power, your love, your sacrifice;
I praise you, my Christ!
Help me to honor your name, seek your face,
and thank you for your unending grace.
I pray to live a life worthy of the cross-the blood shed
by the Living Bread.
Dear Lord,
Help me to spread love, joy, and peace
so your gossip will never cease.
Humble me to seek only the ways of the living Lamb.
Give me wisdom to know who and what I am.
Thank you for the good and the bad in my life,
Help me to grow through the pain and strife,
seeking to serve you better
for everyday it all will matter.
As I struggle though this world I’m currently in, 
thank you for your unfailing forgiveness of all my sin. 
                                                              AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment