Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

     When we think of Thanksgiving Day, most of us remember it as a national day of celebration first proclaimed by President, George Washington.   Yet, our thankfulness should be expressed every single day, and this was first proclaimed by the Almighty God.    Philippians 4:6 tells us “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”   We are also told in Colossians 4:2 to “Continue earnestly in pray, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.”   
     All that we have and all that we ever will have comes from God.  Therefore, we need to do as Psalm 69:30 and Psalm 95:2 says, “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.  “Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.”



     I believe when we thank God every morning for whatever is going to happen during the day, joy will fill our hearts and whatever occurs will be easier to handle. 
     Though members of my family or close friends may “step on my toes” from time to time, I am thankful for them.  Though there are changes at work I may not like, I am so very thankful for my job.  I am so thankful for the loving people I am privileged to work with.  I am so very thankful that God covers me with His love and walks beside me through it all. 
    When we dread going to work, it may be time to say, “Thank you God for my job.”  When we are going through what some would call a “pity party”, then it is time to say, “Thank you God for my blessings.”   When we are offended by others, it is time to say, “Thank you God that these same people can love me in spite of my own faults.”  
     Every day is truly a day of Thanksgiving as we remember the words in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In every thing give thanks..."



No comments:

Post a Comment