Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, December 18, 2014

He Sees You!

     I don’t usually read the funnies in the newspaper, but every so often The Family Circus catches my eye.  This one was really humorous.  Two children were listening to the Christmas song, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.   When it got to the part, “he sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake,” the girl told her brother, “Santa’s really just kinda nosy, isn’t he?”
     After I finished laughing, I was instantly reminded of Jesus.  Not because I think that He is nosy, but because I know He sees all, knows all, and He cares.  He wants us to be good.  He also came to the town of Bethlehem as a newborn infant child.  Just as children are eagerly awaiting Santa Claus, there were those who were patiently waiting and eagerly watching for a Savior to come.
     Our God and creator has always been able to see and know all things.  He saw and knew what Adam and Eve had done before He encountered them in the garden after they had eaten of the forbidden fruit.   Many Old Testament people acknowledged that they knew God could see them,  as shown by Hagar, Sarai’ maid.  Genesis 16:13,  “She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”
     Proverbs 15:13 tells us, “The Lord is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.”
     Psalms 33:13-14 lets us know that God is watching and will be with us, “The Lord looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.   From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.” 
     God is not nosy; He is love.  With the innocence of a child, I believe and accept his birth and His death for me, and I truly want the excitement, laughter, and joy of a little child.  I want to come to Jesus as he desires me to come to him.  Mark 10:15, “Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.  And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.”
      In summary, Jesus is not Santa Claus.  He is much, much more.  He is the Father of Christmas!  He is the Savior of the world!  As the song goes, “he sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake, so be good for goodness sake….,”

    

No comments:

Post a Comment