Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 1, 2015

Don't Miss The Journey

     I have decided not to start 2015 with any resolutions. I usually don't keep them anyway. However, I do want to kick off 2015 with an idea or a new beginning.
      The Bible starts off in Genesis with a story to tell. "In the beginning" there was the creation and “God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.” We are all a part of that creation, and we also have a story to tell.
     In this New Year of 2015 let us all look at ourselves as who we really are. We have a unique story of our very own to tell. Thinking on new ideas, I have decided that it is a complete waste of time and energy trying to be, or wish I were, someone else. I do not have the same looks, the same body build, or the same successes. It does no good to live in the negative world by telling myself, “I’m not pretty enough, talented enough, or rich enough.” My life and and legacy has been planned just the way I am meant to be by the one great Creator, and He said, “It is very good.” It is up to me not to miss the journey.
     Luke 12:7, “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
     Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
     So, in 2015 I have a new beginning; there is me, formed by God. My story lies within the boundary of what I look like, how I handle my circumstances and the environment in which I live. My strength will come from God and through a positive outlook on life. Let me not miss the journey! My prayer is that I can embrace this New Year of 2015 walking in the path God has set before me, glorifying Him along the way.
Let me not miss the journey
wishing I were in someone else’s place.
Help me rejoice in my own face;
every frecke, every blemish,
every winkle that all may see.
Let me embrace and fill the space
in the journey meant just for me.
 
Ecclesiastes 6:9-10 New Living Translation (NLT) "Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind. Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there’s no use arguing with God about your destiny."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment