Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, February 6, 2015

A Quick Prayer

       "Put both feet on the floor,” I wearily told myself as I clicked off the alarm. That’s what my mind was saying, but my body wanted to slide down under the covers. Deciding to let body overcome mind and grab a few more minutes of shut-eye, I mentally whispered, “Thank you God for this day.” and slid down into my nice warm bed.  Then just as quickly, I remembered the last thing I was doing before I drifted off to sleep the night before. It was supposed to have been a talk with God about the day, but the only thing I remember was a brief, “Thank you…,” before drifting off to sleep. I suddenly felt ashamed but thankful.  
      I am so glad to have a forgiving God, and One who does not doze off to sleep like I do with Him. He never wearies from listening to my complaints and grumblings. He’s never too tired to help me carry my load. He has time for me. Actually He waits to talk with me, and I know that if I will just plant both feet firmly in His Word, my day will go so much better. He deserves so much more than a hurried fall-asleep prayer at the end of the day.

Psalm 121:3, 8 NIV    “He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; …the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”


No comments:

Post a Comment