Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, February 16, 2015

Choose The One You Cannot Live Without

     Don’t make your life with someone you can live with, but make your life with someone you cannot live without.” At the time I saw this saying, I thought, "I do not necessarily agree with this." A person would be extremely blessed to be able to find that special person whom they simply could not live without as long as they were, at the same time, one you could live with. By that I mean, kind, gentle, understanding, and always there for you without the ups and downs of quarreling, sulking, or constant disagreement.
     Then it hit me! Wow! How profound?
     I have actually been living with that One person I simply cannot live without since the age of ten. In fact, I cannot imagine my life without Him. He is kind, understanding, loving, protective, and always there for me.
     After I was saved, I remember being afraid of the thunder and lightning. My mother reminded me one night during a thunderstorm that God could take away my fear if I would just say a little prayer to Him. Since that time I have been able to peacefully sleep through many natural storms and, also, other storms in my life as I remember the words, “for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
    When I wonder how God can forgive a sinner like me and still love me in spite of it, I think about how He loved the thief on the cross who chose, at the end of his life, to believe in Jesus. Jesus answered him as He, himself, hung there bleeding for the sins of the world, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
     There have been so many times in my life when I have neglected to pray for guidance, to thank Him for blessings, and to walk in the path which I knew I should. I have made so many mistakes and have so many regrets, but God loves me still. He is the One I talk to when I am lonely, when I am sleepless during the night, and when I struggle with problems during the path of life.
    When others may choose to condemn me, God loves me. How can He do this? My answer comes from Isaiah 55, “Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways.”
     If anyone desires a life-long partner whom they simply cannot live without, and One who will provide eternal life, choose God. I am so glad I did.
     John 3:16   " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
     John 6:47  "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment