Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, May 24, 2015

Wonders of The Mind

     There are so many projects I would like to kick start here in A Friendly Shade.  Some I know I can do myself.  There are also other dreams and goals I have set.  Some have been accomplished, and others are still waiting, but with a strong will and a mind to get the job done, I know those will be completed in due time. 
     The mind is a powerful tool.  I guess that is why so many authors have written on the subject.  Among my favorites are: Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer and The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Poole.  However, my first initiation to the power of positive thinking came from my mother who never read a book about it, other than her Bible.  She always told me, “Can’t never could do anything.”  She showed me how true this was by the way she lived her life.  She was a strong Christian lady who would attempt most anything that was needed.  She got her wisdom from Biblical learning. 
     Matthew 15:18-19 “But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean.  For out of the heart come evil thoughts…”
     Matthew 19:26… “With God all things are possible.”
     Matthew 17:22 “A cheerful heart is good medicine…”
     Philippians 4:13 “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
     You see, the way we allow our minds to control us can alter our lives.  To quote an unknown author: 
     Watch your thoughts, they become words. 
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habits. 
      Watch your habits, they become character. 
      Watch your character, it become your destiny.”
     Another good quote I read was about HOPE :  
            H- Have
            O- Only
            P- Positive
            E- Expectations
     I also like, “Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but it’s your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.”   We must adjust our minds and make a mental choice to be enjoy life and be happy.   
     Basically, we are what we think.  From the words of Norman Vincent Poole, “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.”  
     So I say try to, “Think yourself healthy, think yourself successful, and think you can fulfill your goals and dreams.”  In fact that reminds me of The Little Engine That Could.  All the way up the mountain the train kept saying, “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.”  Then as it neared the top, it said, “I can! I can!
     Above all, include God in your decisions.  Let Him control the steering wheel to successful attitudes and goals.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment