Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, June 27, 2015

Retirement Announcement


Retirement
 

No more- No more!
I’ve had it good,
done the best I could.
But no more- no more.
 
Time to move on,
Open new doors, set another tone,
Write another book,
cross another brook.

Out with the suits-
No more commutes,
No more heels
or business meals.
I’ll trade  the lowly pension;
For lazy mornings-a must to mention.
 
 Give me worn denim jeans,
Country living, and household scenes.
Out with the time clocks
and business frocks-
No more stress,
No more business dress.
 

No more – No more
Of paper pushing and reports.
Give me ragged denim shorts,
Give me walks, fresh air,
Flip flops to wear.

I’ll simply live on the little I make,
Pass up cocktails and juicy steak.
Give me  peas and beans,
Home-cooked turnip greens.

 No more- No more!

Time to close a chapter,
Keep memories captured,
Kick up my heels,
Find new thrills,
Start something new,
Wear a different shoe.
 
No more – No more!
Of what I’ve done before.

                                                Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment