Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Cornerstone

     The Cornerstone

Behold! The Cornerstone-
My foundation and Him alone;
The strength beneath my wings,
The One I seek with what life brings.
  Let us talk, talk, talk of our mighty Lord,  
  Walking in faith and prayer,
  While telling others-His cross to share.

How great is the bearer of burdens and woes-
Interceding as only He knows?
My hope in days ahead,
My peace from being lead. 
  Let us trust, trust, trust the Master,   
  Casting away our every fear,
  Knowing He listens- is always near. 

The Cornerstone-
My foundation and Him alone;
  Let us love, love, love as Jesus;
  Caring for one another,   
  Letting all become our sister and brother.

What favor and a lifting up?
Blessings over-runneth my cup.
  Let us praise, praise, praise our Lord!
  Glorifying His very name.
Today, tomorrow, He loves the same.
  Shine, shine, shine for His glory,
  Sharing, proclaiming the salvation story.

Behold! The Cornerstone-
A foundation, and Him alone;
A tried stone, a precious stone,
A King upon the heavenly throne.
                                                 Mary Crisp Jameson

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

 

1 comment: