Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Did It My Way

     I believe the popular song, I Did It My Way, was sang by both Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley. The lyrics went like this: 
                                          And now, the end is near
                                          And so I face the final curtain
                                          My friend, I'll say it clear
                                          I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
                        
                                          I've lived a life that's full
                                          I've traveled each and every highway
                                          But more, much more than this
                                          I did it my way.
   
     I like the song as well as most other people, and I remember it best from Elvis.  Yet, when the final curtain comes for me, I really don't want people saying, "Well, she did it her way."  I would prefer they say, "She brought light to her life and others because she did it God's way."
     In one of the recent devotionals of In Touch,  the author writes, "God tells us, 'Don't give me a schedule- trust me.  Watch me do it My way and in My time, and see what happens.' "
     Further, The Gospel Project, reminds me that "God's presence is the highest good.  What distinguished the Israelites from others was that God was with them."   So, as a Christian, what distinguishes me is that God is with me, and if I can rid myself of my own stubborn self-will, I will try to do it God's way.   
     My prayer today is, "Lord, forgive me when I do it my way.  Help me trust in you, your way, and your time.  Thank you for being willing to continue to guide me even when I want to do it my way." 

No comments:

Post a Comment