Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, January 31, 2016

Identity

     When asked how I would identify myself, I would probably say, I am approximately five foot six  with blonde hair, fair skinned and have green eyes.  Yet, if  I wanted to identify my spiritual nature, what would I say?  How would others describe me?  This may seem frivolous to some, but to me, it is very important. 
     1 Corinthians 15:50-52 tells me, "...an earthly body made of flesh and blood cannot get into God's kingdom.  These perishable bodies of ours are not the right kind to live forever.  But I tell you this strange and wonderful secret we shall not all die, but we shall all be given new bodies.  It will happen in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown."
    Therefore, my first consideration is to prepare and be ready, not with my physical body, but with my spiritual one.  To do that, I need to work on changing my identity spiritually. 

I - imitate the life of Jesus -- 1 Corinthians 4:16  Therefore I urge you to imitate me.
D- do good and love others-- Romans 12:21  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
E- extend charity to everyone-- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.
N-nightly talk with God--  Psalm 42:8  By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me—   a prayer to the God of my life.
T- tithe time and money--Malachi 3:8  Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ In tithes and offerings.
I - incorporate the Word of God into my life daily-- Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
T- testify about the trust of God-- Matthew 28:19-20  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
Y- yield my life and my will to God-- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment