Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, April 18, 2016

Only Know!

     The Bible instructs us in love.   We are to "love God with all our heart and mind."  We are to "love our neighbors as ourselves."  Not only are we told to love, but God shows us His own great love in John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  

Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
 
1 Corinthians 4:21  "What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline, or shall I come in love and with a gentle spirit?"
 
Ephesians 3:17-19 "So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 
We are to dwell in God's love. 
 
      Only Know
 
Only know,
  within my love I give you life;
With me, you are predestined to be. 
I am your breath; your soul;
  a love which will make you whole,  
running deep and wide.
In your struggles I walk by your side.      
 
Only know,
  within my love there is compassion;
A love which will not fail, though you are weary and frail.
I am your protector, faithful forever;
  not leaving you. No never!
I am the One who sends blessings galore;
Seek them out and count them more. 
 
Only know,
  within my love there is patience and kindness;
I send increase; give joy, and peace. 
I loved you from the cross in my pain and my thirst;
I loved you though I was cursed.
My love reaches around the lands;
Believe in the cross and my nail-scarred hands. 
Seek the love I give;
Accept me and live. 
                  Mary Crisp Jameson - 4/17/2016
 

No comments:

Post a Comment