Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A New Song

     Chapter 11 in Mark tells us a story of when Jesus and His disciples were approaching Jerusalem.   Jesus sent two of the disciples ahead to borrow a donkey which Jesus used to ride into the crowd.  The crowd spread garments on the road as well as leafy branches cut from the field.  Jesus was the center of the procession and the people were shouting:
     "Praise God!   Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord!
     Blessings on the coming Kingdom of our Ancestor David!
     Praise God in highest heaven."

     What an example of praise this is!  So often we forget to give God the praise He deserves on a daily basis.  The following is a brief praise and song from my heart. 

       A New Song
I sing because I love Him;
I sing a heartfelt hymn.
  Praise God who loves me so;
  Praise the Savior, who I know.
I sing because He walks with me;
I sing because I'm free.
  Praise Him upon the throne,
  Praise Him, and Him alone.
I sing because I love Him,
I sing a heartfelt hymn.
  Praise Him! The Savior arose.
  Praise Him!  I'm a child He chose.
I sing because He loves me;
I sing because I'm free.
  Praise the mighty, wondrous King;
  He's the reason I can sing.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment