Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, July 28, 2016

New Day Dawning

     I decided to start my day in A Friendly Shade reading Philippians 4:8 since I had a night in which I had not slept well.  Sadly the lack of sleep leaves most of us expecting a bad day, but our days do not have to be that way.  I believe our attitudes control our day.  
     "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
      If I apply Philippians 4:8 and think on lovely and good things, have good thoughts, apply just behavior, and praise others, or in other words, keep a positive attitude while letting God direct my course, my days can all be good ones, because I am looking for and being joyful. 
     To sum it up, here is my rhyme.

New Day Dawning 
 
Woke up this morning
groaning and yawning.
Another day was dawning.
I had not slept well,
my eyelids fell.
What would the day foretell?
Surely, not dreary or grey.
Joy abounded, just needed to pray;
Let God direct my way.
"Lord!" I shout your name out,
Please, remove my doubt.
Rid negative thoughts whirling about.
This is the day the Lord hath made!
Every step before me laid.
Lead me! guide me! I earnestly prayed.
Be my shield
should I enter the battlefield.
To you alone, my spirit yield.
Hope and joy to usher in,
 with God! With Him!
Till the day does end. 
                                       Mary Crisp Jameson
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment