Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, July 17, 2016

Wisdom

     In the troubling world we presently live in, Reba wrote and sings a song, Pray For Peace.   We do need to pray for peace, but we also need to pray for wisdom.  That is what Solomon prayed for when the Lord appeared to him in a dream.  God said, "Ask, What should I give you?"  In answer Solomon asked for wisdom and God was pleased and gave it to him.  
     Through Solomon we are introduced to wisdom and given an example of wisdom, but in James 1:5-6 we are told even more about wisdom and how to acquire it.  "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
     Why do I believe we need wisdom?  We need wisdom when we face trials of any kind.  It is the wisdom from God which best aids us in our times of need.  When we face temptations, we need wisdom.  When it comes to money, parenting, giving advice, or handling suffering, we need wisdom.  Whether facing problems at work, developing friendships, or even going through addictions and trials, we need wisdom.  There is never a time when I do not need wisdom in order to know what to do, what to say, or how to act in any given circumstance.   I was also reminded in this morning's Sunday School lesson on Solomon that I need wisdom in order to serve, bless, and love those around me. 
     Not only do I have to rely daily on the wisdom which God gives me, but I must, above all, believe in Jesus Christ and His great love for me, knowing that His hands are big enough to take care of all my needs and help me through my trials. 
     My prayer:  "Lord, give me wisdom so that I may better serve and love you and others better.  Give me wisdom to discern the truth.  Give me wisdom to overcome my trials and follow in your ways. I ask, believing without a doubt, that your wisdom is being provided to help me with all my decisions here on this earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment