Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Adore Him

     I often find myself complaining about so many little things until I begin to admire all that surrounds me in "A Friendly Shade".  It is then I stop and think my Lord for all the wonderful blessings He has bestowed upon me, and I feel ashamed for my doubts, fears, and complaints.  God has indeed been so gracious and showed me so much love, not just for my current blessings, but for His amazing deed and willingness to die on the cross for a complainer and sinner like me. 
     So often I fail to give Him praise and adore Him.  As I remembered the song "O come, let us adore him," I decided to write my own praise to glorify His name.



Adore Him
Glory and honor belong to Him;
God first, foremost, my daily hymn.
Let me adore Him with song;
My Keeper the whole day long. 
Let me adore Him with thanksgiving;
The One for whom I'm living.
He reigns!
Fills the land, the fields, the plains.
The sea is His; He who formed dry land,
Then stamped it with His mighty hand.
Glory and honor belong to Him;
He who wipes my tears till sorrow grows dim.
My Rock, my strength;
Peace that comes at length.
Come! Let us adore Him;
For the cross; the blood shed from limb to limb.
Adore the One from whom love shines,
His life, the Trinty that binds.
Glory and honor is His alone;
A Savior, my sins to atone.
Oh, come! Let us Adore Him
Till joy fills us to the rim and our eyes grow dim. 
                                                       Mary Crisp Jameson
Psalm 95:1 "O come, let us sing unto the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our
   salvation."
Psalm 96:1 "O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth."
Psalm 97:1  "The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof." 
Psalm 98:1 "O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvelous things: his right
   hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory."
 
 


    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment