Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, October 3, 2016

Happiness...continued

     Yesterday I talked about the "Ten Things To Let Go Of To Be Happy" which I had found on a Facebook posting.  Today, I would like to share ten more things which I believe will help people find happiness, with number one taking priority.

1.  Accept Jesus as your Savior:  John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

2.  Pray daily:  1 Thessalonians 5:17-18  "Pray without ceasing.  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

3.  Read the Bible daily:  Psalms 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

4.  Show love to God and to one another: 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.   Love never fails."

5. Watch your words and also do not gossip:  Let your speech be kind:  Proverbs 15:23 "A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!"  Proverbs 18:8 "The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to the inmost parts." Proverbs 20:19 "A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much."

6.  Seek righteous behavior above worldly actions:  Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

7.  Avoid the ways of unbelievers: Psalms 1:1-2 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord.

8.  Let go of fear and worry:   Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."   Matthew 6:24-35 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

9.  Trust God with all things:  Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

10. Let your treasure be found in your heart, in God, not in earthly possessions:  Matthew 6:23 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

There is so much that can be found in the Bible regarding ways to be happy and joyful.  My next blog will continue with The Be Happy Attitudes ....
 
 




  


 








 
 
 
 
 




















  


 

 
















































































































 

 
 








  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment