Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, November 21, 2016

3 Days Until Thanksgiving

     I am retired, but still grateful that I had such an amazing job which allowed me to work with a diverse people.  The experience taught me to appreciate the work other people do because I learned that people are not always considerate of those who are serving their needs.
     Today, I experienced an encounter at a customer service window.  The employee did not even acknowledge my presence.  She took care of my return but all the while continued to talk with her co-worker and never even spoke to me directly.   To me, it was rude, but I let it pass.  There was no need to allow it to spoil my day. 
     The next thing I did was make additional purchases and check out.  This time the cashier was extremely friendly as she handed me my bag; however, she failed to hand me both bags which caused me to have to return to the store.  Once again, I did not let this aggravate me for it would only have disturbed my mind, emotions, and my day.
     So today, I am still thankful to those who are still working and who daily serve my needs regardless of whether they meet my expectations or not. 

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment