Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Achilles' heel

     Ever since Adam and Eve, there have been flaws and weaknesses in the human race.  So easily, we succumb to our own personal ones.  I often have to stop and talk with God to ask Him, "Please forgive my thoughts and change my heart and my mind."  I so want to keep the clutter and litter away from A Friendly Shade and out of my life.   
     Thinking through the Bible characters, I see Samson, who was blessed from birth, but his Achilles' heel was his uncontrolled lust which led to his destruction.  Joseph's brothers had a problem with jealously, which lead to a life of guilt and shame over what they had done to Joseph and their father.  Not only in scripture but in life today, there are so many who do not strive to overcome their weaknesses and self-destruct.
    I pray that I will stop and talk with God more often.  The choice is mine to seek strength to overcome the sin which infiltrates my life; sin which will destroy my blessings and my walk with God.   I pray that I seek strength to overcome my Achilles' heel.  The choice is mine!
          
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment