Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 7, 2017

Declutter

     I don't make new year resolutions, but I do create goals.  One of my recent goals is to de-clutter my home at "A Friendly Shade."  
     I guess one of the hardest things to de-clutter is my closet.  It is hard for me to decide to toss good but unworn clothes.  For that reason, I am about to try something I read.   The article said to turn every clothes hanger backward.  Then, when I wear something I like, place the hanger the right direction.  At the end of the season, if the hanger is still turned backward, it is time to remove that particular garment from my closet.  Hmmm, wonder if this will really work?
     There are other things at A Friendly Shade which I also need to de-clutter.  Actually, rather than de-cluttering I just need to prioritize.  By that, I mean put God first.  Instead of getting up early to start projects of any kind, I need to start with God's Word.  If I can do that, I believe I can de-clutter  more effectively.  I will no longer be thinking so much as the world thinks.  I will no longer be so much into accumulating things which need de-cluttering down the road. 
     In de-cluttering,  my house be cleaner, and by placing God first, my mind and spirit will become cleaner, with God being the deepest desire of my heart rather than worldly possessions.   


    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment