Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Burning Bush

     I wonder if one reason a lot of us don't get close to God is that we are waiting for a "burning bush" experience.  Or is it that we are afraid we will have a "burning bush" experience and be asked to do something out of the norm?  
     When Moses first saw the burning bush out in the wilderness he thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up."  In the course of the conversation, God said to Moses, "I am who I am."    Later God said, “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation."  
     For me, even if I never have a visual "burning bush" experience, I know that God never changes and His Word never changes.  From generation to generation, He is who He is. 
     I know God wants me to know Him.  He wants daily fellowship with me.  If I give God my daily devotion, I do not need to witness a visual burning bush. That burning bush experience is in my heart, and I have an opportunity to pass His name on to the next generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment