Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, February 10, 2017

Exercise

     Exercise, for me, is often a drudgery.  I have to really self-talk myself into it.  Yet, I feel so much more energized afterwards. 
     When I think about it, I suppose I often have what I call a "Jonah moment".  He didn't like what God called him to do.  He argued and complained but in the end he finally did what God asked him to do.  In the end, even though Jonah did not like the outcome, God did.   
     This puts me back to my first thoughts.  How often do I say "yes" to a request when I really want to say "no", but the outcome leaves me with satisfaction.    I just have to remind myself to be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and "exercise" by moving forward toward the center of God's will.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment