Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Mind

     The mind is powerful!  It's a tool to a healthy lifestyle, and a light to the personality.  
          My thoughts create within me courage, meekness, and determination. 
          My thoughts turn negatives into positive attitudes, creating happiness and well-being.
          My thoughts are what make me a more loving individual and a willing forgiver.
          My thoughts assist in turning enemies into friends.
          My thoughts help to see the other side, and makes for a less critical nature.
     In essence, my mindful thoughts make me who I am and what I am.  My actions from these thoughts can have an impact on not only changing me for the better, but also changing others.
     By creating healthy thoughts, I can show my light to the world.  Matthew 5:16, "...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
     I am reminded about courage which is developed from healthy thoughts.  In Numbers 13:30 "Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it."   Caleb had positive thoughts, courageous thoughts, and determined thoughts.  All the others were frightened, and most said, "We can't...We are not strong enough."  This led to 40 years of wandering in the wilderness.   I have to interject that the people were right when they said, "We are not strong enough."  They needed to trust in God to make them strong.  The mind is not powerful enough to do all that is required to develop a healthy mindful approach to life without God first in our thoughts. 
     The question I have to ask myself is, "Where will my mind lead me today?  Will I let God be first in my thoughts?  Will I trust enough to 'let go and let God' strengthen my mind and mature my thoughts"

     Psalm 10:4 "In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God." 
     Psalm 13:2  "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"



    
 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment