Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, March 31, 2017

The Desire of My Heart

     Psalms 37:4 reads, "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."  
      I do not know about any other reader's interpretation of this scripture, but I have always wanted to think that if I did what God wanted, then He would provide my desires.  Of course, this is taken completely out of context. 
     Upon serious reflection of this scripture, it suddenly came to me that if I actually delight in the Lord, I will need to search His Word, seek Him, and give Him my full devotion.  When I truly make God the love of my life, He will actually become the desire of my heart.  This kind of thinking is actually confirmed in Isaiah 26:9 (NIV),   "Yes Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you, your name and renown are the desires of our hearts."
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment