Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, May 7, 2017

House-Keeping

     I feel really good about my house when it is clean and neat.  Yet, very seldom is everything in its place.  In fact, the first thing I do when having company is to throw all the clutter into drawers, cabinets, and closets.  I wouldn't want anyone seeing how much my house is in disarray.
     Is that the way we live our lives, too?  We hide away what we do not want others seeing in our lives.  This brings up valid reasoning.  God sees all.  As a Christian, He lives in my house so I have a responsibility to keep it clean.   
     One writer of my Sunday School book put it much this way, "Your heart is the spiritual home of God.  As homeowner, He has the right to go through every room and make the renovations that He desires because He owns the house.  He paid for it with His  blood."
     So, I ask myself, "Am I willing to allow God to make the required renovations to maintain a clean house?"

1 Corinthians 3:16   "Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"

No comments:

Post a Comment