Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Door

     When I think of a door, I think, "something that opens and closes."  Maybe it opens to let in the welcome or else closes to keep away the unwelcome. 
     Scripture refers to a door over the lips in Psalm 141:3 (NIV)  "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips."  Here we are cautioned to watch our words.  We can choose to close the door to our lips in order to retain either gossiping words that could "injury and kill" or retain unspoken, unkind words.  Maybe we could also open the door of our lips to speak only kind, considerate, and uplifting words.  The choice and the rewards are ours.  
     If I have a problem shutting the door of my lips, I might need to consider the words written in my In Touch devotional,  "Instead of talking about someone, it's wise to pray for that person.  Getting into this habit will help train the mind to replace sinful patterns with God-pleasing ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment