Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, June 2, 2017

Recharging

    With summer comes vacations and travel.  A perfect time to recharge! 
    When I talk of recharging I am not referring to recharging cell phones, laptops, or other electronic equipment.  I am referring to the rest needed by our bodies and minds to get us through the daily life of climbing mountains, overcoming hurdles, conquering valleys, and resisting temptation.  As we fight these battles on our knees, with God leading, we also need to be aware of His mighty presence in restful times.  We need to continue to listen for his voice in the quiet moments of recharging as we enjoy a peaceful summer sunset,  the calming ocean waves, the rushing sound of a waterfall, or a simple stroll through winding flora-filled paths.    

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
 he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake,
 ...thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.    
                                      Psalms 23

No comments:

Post a Comment