Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, February 1, 2018

Finished the Work

     I, like most people, measure success by my accomplishments, my finances, the car I drive, the home I live in, and the clothes I wear.  Yet, when I consider the fact that I am here on this earth for just a short period of time, until the Lord returns in the air to carry me home, none of these things will matter.  What will matter is how I lived my life for Jesus and my willingness to share my faith with others.  What will matter is how I loved and treated others. 
     In the words of David Platt, "We will not wish we had made more money, acquired more stuff, lived more comfortably, taken more vacations, watched more television, pursued greater retirement, or been more successful in the eyes of this world, instead, we will wish we had given more of ourselves to living for the day when every nation, tribe, people, and language will bow around the throne and sing the praises of the Savior who delights in radical obedience and the God who deserves eternal worship."
     In a prayer Jesus spoke in John 17 to His Father, He said, "I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."   I sincerely hope I don't miss the opportunities set before me to "finish the work."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment