Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Is Not Over

      Easter is not over:
 "Jesus died! Jesus was buried! Jesus arose!" 
      Past, present, and future, Jesus is the good Shepherd. 
     Jesus arose!  He remains there for me, because I am among a flock of sheep; weak, wandering, and foolish.  He knows I have need of a shepherd to lead and guide me.  John 10:14-15 gives more insight into my Shepherd. "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.  Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep."  You see, Jesus does not just lead and guide, but He was willing to lay down His very life for His sheep.  
     Billy Graham in his book, Till Armageddon, breaks it down in simple language:
1. " He (Jesus) owns the sheep: they belong to him.
2.   He guards the sheep: He never abandons them.
3.   He knows the sheep, knows them by name.
4.   He lays down His life for the sheep, such is the measure of His love."

No, Easter is not over.  He arose!  He remains the good Shepherd.

Psalms 23:1-2 "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lay down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet water, He refreshes my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment