Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, April 16, 2018

Joyfulness

     I just finished reading the longest chapter in the Bible, Psalm 119 in the New Living Translation version.  It is filled with loads of insight for discernment.  Actually, it tells us how to find joy, and if we miss joy in our lives it is our own fault.  I believe God wants me to live a joyful life.  It is a gift that I, personally, do not want to miss.  Below are a few verses about JOY but don't just take them out of context.  Read the whole chapter to get the full meaning.

     Verse One: "Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of His laws."
     Verse Two: "Joyful are those who obey His laws and search for Him with all their hearts."
     Verse 35: "Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found."  I have joy through Christ, but to find happiness increases my joy.
     Verse 43: "Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for your regulations are my only hope."  This one does not include the word JOY, but if I had no hope I would have no joy.
     Verse 92: "If your instructions hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery."
     Verse 162 "I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure."  Who does not rejoice when they find treasure?  I rejoice even when I win a "free" prize, but I can have "free" joy everyday through my Christ who died for me.  Oh, let me rejoice!

     I simply cannot leave out one of my favorite verses.  But this one is from the KJV which is the one I always fall back to:  Verse 105: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
    

No comments:

Post a Comment