Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Journey

     When I read, I like to highlight meaningful thoughts.  In Billy Graham's book, The Journey, he provides a list of seven gifts God gives us when we commit to Christ.  I have changed the "us" and "we" to "I" and "me" in order to make it personal.

     Rev. Graham's list is broken down as follows:
1.  God gave me a new relationship.  I am now His friend and He is mine.
2.  God gave me a new citizenship.  I am a citizen of the kingdom of God.
3.  God gave me a new family. I am now a member of God's household.
4.  God gave me a new purpose.  Now I live for Christ and not just for myself.
5.  God gave me a new power.  God, Himself, came to live within me by His Holy Spirit.  I am never alone. He is my helpmate.
6.  God gave me a new destiny.  Once I was headed to hell, now I am headed for heaven.
7.  God gave me a whole new path to follow until He comes to take me home.

     Rev. Graham goes on to say, "When we make a decision for Christ, it isn't an end but a beginning."                                                       When we commit to God, the best is yet to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment