Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Won The Lotto!

     When people think of winning the Lotto, they think of money and all the possibilities that lie ahead of them.  However, face it, few people ever win the Lotto.   Paydays are about as close as most of us get.  Paydays actually make me think, more and more, of how I have really already won the lotto.  On the negative side, my first thoughts, after looking at my net earnings, are that I have a ‘lotto’ less money after taxes.  After writing out checks to pay my high utility bills, increasing gasoline expenses, and rising grocery bills, I have even a ‘lotto’ less money.  Then when I file my taxes every year, the government demands a 'lotto' more of my income. 
     What could I do different to reverse this trend?  I want to have a ‘lotto’ more money.  As I struggled with the battlefield in my mind, I thought, “There is nothing I can do about what Uncle Sam takes out of my check.”  Then I decided there might be a little something I could do.  I can become more politically minded.  Learn more about how our government spends our hard-earned money.  I can speak out, and I can accept my responsibility and vote whenever I have a chance.  I can also budget better.  That means keeping myself away from places that tempt me to dish out my hard-earned money on useless, meaningless eye-tempting gadgets, clothes, and many other things for which I really have no need. 
     What else can I do?  I want a ‘lotto’ more.  I think that is normal.  We all want a 'lotto' more blessings regardless of what we already have been given. 
     The more I thought about the Lotto, I decided to change my negative thinking to a more positive side.  You see, I won the Lotto a long time ago.  I won it when I accepted Jesus into my life at the age of twelve.  With God in my life, I have a ‘lotto’ more happiness, a 'lotto' more peace in my heart,  a 'lotto' more love toward others, and a Heavenly Force that gives me a 'lotto' protection and a 'lotto' guidance.  He partners with me every day.  By putting God first, including giving to Him even when I am trying to stretch my paycheck, my needs will be taken care of.   That is His promise, and I believe in Him.   
     I have truly already won the Lotto.    

No comments:

Post a Comment