Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, June 7, 2013

In His Hands

     As I was sitting under my "Friendly Shade" reading the Charles Stanley devotional magazine, my heart stirred over the  story about a down-syndrome baby.   These stories usually break my heart, but this one gave me an uplifted heart.   Within the story was a humorous prayer the child offered up to God.  She said, “Thank you for every people. Help us be kind to each other at the ballet becital. The cow jumped over the moon, and the three little bears ate their porridge."   Then she giggled. 
     I have no idea what a blessing a down-syndrome child can be, but many do.  They have learned that within that innocent mind there lies a gift.   I imagine that the child is always innocent, always caring, always loving, and always a blessing to their parents; however, they are always a child that has to be cared for.  They are a child the prospective parent fears.  Yet, they are a child of God, and God is watching over them.  He is the One who takes every event, every situation, and every disabled child and turns it to good. 
     When I was carrying my own child, I remember, so many years ago, promising God that if she would only be born a healthy child, I would give her to Him.   Then as she grew up healthy,  strong willed, and strong minded, I reminded God, “Hey, God, I gave her to you.  Don't you remember?  She is in your hands.”  When events happened in her life which were out of my control, I would visualize those hands of Gods; hands so big that they could and would take care of the whole wide world. Then I envisioned my precious, beautiful daughter held in those two big hands.  After that, I knew  and was comforted with the knowledge that I did not need to worry any more.  Whatever happened in her life was within the grasp of God.  After raising her to know God, all I  could do was offer up prayers for her well-being.  All she had to do was turn to Him.  He was in control.  What a blessing to give my concerns to God!     
    The whole world is in His hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment