Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cake Recipe

     It was a rainy day in “A Friendly Shade” and I was forced to stay inside.  I had already cleaned the house so I decided to bake a cake.  Thumbing through my recipes and finding nothing that appealed to my taste buds I finally decided to create my own unique cake recipe. 
 

YELLOW ANGEL FOOD POUND CAKE

     I begin by stirring in a little sin, yellowed with age.  I beat each one separately until the mixture became light and fluffy.  Next I added a cup full of liquid tears, followed by a pinch of unforgiveness which I had been saving back.  I was sure this was going to be the perfect cake.   As the batter turned soft and yellow I couldn’t resist a small sampling. 
     “Yuk! It needs something.” I quickly thought.  “What have I forgotten?”   
     Looking around on the pantry shelf, pushed far back and practically hidden, I soon found just what was needed.  I reached and grabbed what was sure to make this cake one of a kind.  Picking up my mixer, I quickly beat in a dollop of joy, peace, and love.  This cake was looking better all the time.  Tasting once more, my flavor buds promptly agreed. 
     The next step was to slowly pour this mixture into a prepared pan of understanding and hope it baked out ‘just right’. 
     Peeping into the oven from time to time, I watched as it baked.  When the beeper finally sounded I smiled and was pleased at how well the cake had risen.   
      “Amazing! I can’t wait to show off what “I” have done,” proudly stating to myself and quickly walked away to let it cool.      
     Impatient and unwilling to wait much longer, I walked back into the kitchen only to notice something was happening to my beautiful cake. It had begun to crack across the top and to fall in the center.  
     Disappointed, I pondered, “What did I leave out?” 
     Then it hit me like a brick wall, completely taking my breathe away.  I had left out the Praise.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment