Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, July 14, 2014

Life

     Our pastor has been preaching on Adversity the last few weeks.  Emphasis has been placed on how we should cope with adversity while realizing that life is all about Jesus.  So here’s where his message interwoven with my thoughts led me as I took the opportunity to enjoy a few moments in “A Friendly Shade.”   

Life
 
It’s not about me,  
 Apology from a neighbor,
A best friend;
From beginning to end,
It’s all about Jesus!
About trusting Him;
Allowing love to fill me to the brim.

It’s not about what I want,
What I wish for,
What I need.
It’s about the blood He bled!
About doing His pleasure;
Glorifying Him in good measure.
 
It’s not about trials,
my troubles,
heartache, or woe.
It’s about how I live as I go,
the Christ-like deeds I show;
About enduring, keeping on,
Remembering the love He’s shown. 

It’s not about worldly status,
Postion, or the clothes I wear.
It’s about prayer; how I share,
And Him!
It’s about His Word,
His death which occurred.
 
It’s not about my setbacks,
But a comeback for Jesus,
The cross,
The blood He gave,
Spreading the gospel to save.
It’s about my Defender,
Protector, and Friend.
From beginning to end-
“It’s all about Jesus!”
                                         Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment