Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Warrior's Prayer


A Warrior’s Prayer

Arm me Lord-
  Shield me in the midst of this raging war.
  Sharpen my sword
  Until I enter a newfound door.
  Make me a mighty warrior for the king
  Throughout the dreary winter and into a fresh new spring.   

The battle is hard, the uphill climb-steep.
   Help me to wear this heavy helmet well.
   I pray for a restful sleep;
   Stay near - lighten my path when I stumble and fail.

Protect me Lord-
  Restrain those who plot against me.
  Open my eyes to your strategic plan; draw me aboard;
  Keep me safe from the storm of deadly shells until I can flee.
  Oh thank you, Lord, for your loving touch,
  Letting me know the battle I fight will not be too much.      

You Lord, are the calm;
  The One I seek;
  The One who keeps me safe from harm,   
  Who carries me across the raging waters and trickling creek,
  You are my strength and mighty shield.
  Who gives me abundance from what the fields will yield.

Thank you for encouraging me for the fight ahead,
  Wisdom for the journey, healing for the wounds, joy through it all.
  Help me not leave your Word unsaid,
  Though the enemy lurks outside my protective wall. 

Arm me, Lord!
  Keep this soldier strong
  With your clear, directive Word-
  May your ever-dwelling Spirit restore my soul with a heartfelt song. 
                                                                       AMEN!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment