Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Believe!

     My parents took me to church from the time I was small.  I have been blessed to feel I have always known about God.   But yet, it was up to me to seek Him, to believe in Him, and to accept His love and His Word.  At the age of 12, I did this by faith.  I have not thought to question His existence.  He is the source of my peace and my lifeline.  If I had to explain why, I couldn't.  God is just there.  It is faith.  For me, that is all he asks. 


I believe in the Old and New Testament-
Scriptures and stories given with intent.      
There was the Garden of Eden,
The creation, the flood, the beginning but not the end.  
There was Adam and Eve-
Oh yes! I believe.

I believe in the great Red Sea;
How it opened up so His people would be free.
There was David and Goliath,  
Besides the stories that came just prior.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
Are ones we all well-know. 
Jonah was a man swallowed by a whale
For three days, in the belly, was where he dwell.     

Yes! I believe them all-
Those who followed His call;
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John;
Men who carried the gossip on. 
There was a man named Zacchaeus,
The walking on the water,
A boy with five loaves and two fish.

I believe in the birth of a King;
For that I will shout and sing.
I believe in the cross and the nails in His hand;
In the eternal life He has planned.
I believe in the blood and the resurrection.
That’s my faith and my reaction!

I believe in Jesus Christ,
His mighty sacrifice,
His love, power, and grace,
The protective angels, and His forgiving embrace.
Yes! I believe.
That’s why I receive.

                  Mary Crisp Jameson – 8/17/2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment