Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fairytale Story

     Most all of us enjoyed fairytale stories growing up.  Many of the stories started with “Once upon a time,”  and ended with “And they lived happily ever after.”    These stories led a lot of us to believe that life would end with happiness and success.  Along the way, some have been disappointed.   
     As we grew into adults and tackled the world outside our fairytale stories we learned there was more to the in-between parts; that is, how the prince lived while he was a toad and how long Cinderella had to  scrub floors in hand-me-down rags.  Many of us wonder if we will ever make it from rags to riches.  We are always looking for that silver lining thinking that money will make us happy. 
     Then there are those who live a lowly life, but find the happy ending simply by accepting the fact that God made us beautiful in whatever situation we are living.  Focus is on the greater things of life, which is their spiritual walk.  They have learned to enjoy who they are in Christ.  Their hearts are joyful because they have created, through God, their own happy ending.  They are not standing around complaining, waiting to be kissed by prince charming. 
     I believe God opens the windows of heaven and pours out stardust every day.  It is up to us to catch it and enjoy life.  When I read the last section of Malachi 3:10, I could envision the windows of heaven opening and all that stardust, in the way  of blessings, pouring down upon my head.   I just have to do my part to receive it.  I need to give Him my  praise, my time,  my witness for Him in whatever ability He has bestowed upon me, and just return to Him a small portion of what He does for me every day in order to be able enrich my fairytale story and make it become a reality.  
     Actually my story is no fairy tale.  It goes like this:   "Once upon a time" there was me, without God in my heart.  Then I believed.  Jesus came into my life and I  "live happily ever after."
     Malachi 3:10,  “ Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
     John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment