Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Fig Leaf

     “A Friendly Shade” is covered in various types of trees, including a fig bush.  As much as I enjoy “A Friendly Shade” it is a far, far cry from the Garden of Eden. Yet, when I observed the fig leaf and thought about the sin Adam and Eve tried to cover, I looked at my own heart and decided that I needed to find a much bigger leaf. I didn’t have far to travel to find the largest one in “A Friendly Shade.” As you can see, there is no comparison. My leaf of choice has to be the sycamore.

     Even at that, the large sycamore leaf cannot do a better job than the fig leaf did for Adam and Eve. God can see through them both no matter how much I try to hide. He knows my every thought and my heart.

1 Samuel 16:7 “…Man does not see what the lord sees, for man sees what is visible, but the Lord sees the heart.

      Man may not always see or know what is in our hearts, but our actions often tell the story. The words that we say may not always protray our works or actions.  Man has to “listen” to the action of people rather than their words in order to determine what is being hidden in the heart. We may think we are hiding our true feelings or intents but, at some point, they will surface.
     Praise God He has a forgiving spirit! Unlike most men.      

No comments:

Post a Comment