Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, October 26, 2014

The One God

    As I rested in “A Friendly Shade” I looked at the symbol used by our pastor on the front of our church bulletin and thought about the service of, One Church and One Mission, and how we should be united as One.  The symbol was so fitting with the service.
     In fact, I like the symbol so much, I hope he does not mind if I borrow his idea to use it for my blog today.  
     I see the number “1” forming the last leg of N, and being near the center of  the word “One”, as the # 1 emphasis that should be in our lives.

 
1           God should be # 1 in our lives and He should be in the center of it all.  He is the first one we should talk with when we wake up each morning and the last one we should talk with before we go to sleep at night.  He is the First and the Last, and He should be in the center of all we think, do, and say. 

Isaiah 41:4  "Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am he.”
Isaiah 48:12 “Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last"
Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

ONE  The ONE tells me God is omnipotent – He created all things and holds the power over all creation.  He is ever present.

 Revelation 19:6 “And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!”


Breaking it down further:


O-  is for the Omega, the Only God.

Revelation 1:8 “ I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
 
     We are told in the scripture not to look to other Gods.  He is the  Only God who is in control of all things. 

Exodus 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.”

Psalm 72:18   Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who only does wondrous things!”

N- is for Jesus, who was born a Nazarene. 

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, “He shall be called a Nazarene.”

     Because of His birth, death, and resurrection, those who believe in Him shall forever have a God who is near at all times.

Hebrews 13:5For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

E- If we believe, we will have an Everlasting Father

Isaiah 63:16 “Doubtless You are our Father, Though Abraham was ignorant of us, And Israel does not acknowledge us. You, O Lord, are our Father; Our Redeemer from Everlasting is your name.  

     There is a promise given to us from the ONE- and that is, an everlasting life.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
 

Malachi 2:10  "Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously with one another ..."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment