Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day


     July 4th in the United States commemorates the adoption of the Delcaration of Independence by the Continental Congress declaring that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and no longer part of the British Empire. Independence Day is usually associated with fireworks, picnics, camping, grilling, and ice cream parties.   
     We would completely miss the mark if we did not also associate our freedom with the life-changing event which occurred when Jesus died on the cross.  This was a freedom given to all people many, many years before the Declaration of Independence was declared. 
     When I think of America, I think of freedom.  I think of a country that I am glad to call my own.  I take pride in this great nation, but most of all I praise God for my freedom, free will, and the gift of life.  I know, that in death, He lives. 
American Flag Cross Pin
   
He Lives!
 
In America and around the globe,
He lives!
From the mountain top so steep,
Beneath the ocean deep,
From the earth’s core,
Through heaven’s door,
He lives!
 
In America and around the globe,
He lives!
From shore to shore,
Across the plains to desert’s floor,
From coast to coast,
From pillar to post,
He lives!
 
In America and around the globe,
He lives!
From morning till night
Through day’s rainfall and light,
Reigning beyond the sky,
Blinded from human eye,
He lives!
 
In America and around the globe,
Let Him reign;
Shout His name!
Jesus lives!
Because of Him,
Freedom rings.
                                                                    Mary Crisp Jameson 7/5/2015
   

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment