Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stop Sign


Humor:   A policeman pulled over a car, walked up to the driver's window, and asked the man if he knewwhy he was pulled over.
"No," the man replied.
"You failed to stop at the stop sign," the cop explained.
"But I did slow down!" the guy argued. 
The cop shook his head.  “You are required to stop.  That’s why they’re called stop signs."
The man started to get belligerent. “Stop, slow down—what’s the difference?”
The cop pulled out his baton. "I can show you. I'm going to start hitting you with my baton. You tell me if you want me to stop or slow down."

Application:  There is a difference between stop and slow down.  Many people miss the turn in their road because they fail to slow down.  They zoom on pass the turn that would have given them a life of peace, love, and comfort.  When we fail to slow down tin order to listen to the still small voice of God’s direction, and when we fail to trust in that direction we remain in a struggle with ourselves, and we continue to trust in the wrong voice.  If the cop had used that baton on the guy he pulled over  there would have been pain; that is what happens when we go our own chosen way and not allow the voice of God to slow us down. 

Prayer:  Lord, I know you love me.  Nothing escapes you.  Please slow me down and take away my hardships and my pain.

Psalms 115:6 “They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment