Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, November 7, 2015

Grow Fast! Grow Fast!

     As I sip an early morning cup of coffee in "A Friendly Shade," I am a little saddened.  My friendly shade no longer looks the same.  Although I live on five acres with some timber,  the owner of the adjoining property has sold hers , and the loggers are doing a clear cut right up to my property line.  Where once there were beautiful tall timbers, now brush tops and barren land surround me.  This is certainly not the view I anticipated relaxing in during my retirement years.   However, I can only allow time for a pity-party through this first cup of coffee.   Pouring my second cup of the day, I am determined to find a more positive note even though I worked hard to be able to build my home in this peaceful quiet location. 
      I am strengthened in the fact that this is only a temporary home and in no way where my true treasure exists.  All that I have or ever will have belongs to God.  He has the power  to make newly planted trees grow tall once again, and I pray, "Really Fast! "  God also has the power to take it away in the "twinkling of an eye." 
      I am reminded of 1 Peter 1:24, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." 
     I rejoice in the fact that my happiness comes, not from tall timbers , but from the presence of the God of the universe.
     I praise God that I can draw close to Him in any location regardless of the scenery or circumstances. 
     I am encouraged to grow in God's Word like newly planted trees. 
     I pray to  put God first in my life for He is "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
    
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment