Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Success Through Prayer

     We all like success.  It brings a feeling of euphoria and joy.  So, I asked myself, "What can I do to achieve the most success and the fastest success?"  I believe the answer to this is prayer.  We need the involvement of our Father in  all areas of our life.
     Today and every day, we have before us an opportunity to make a difference in our nation through prayer.  Regardless of our beliefs, we need to unite in prayer.  Regardless of whether we like who is in office, our President, Vice President, or members of Congress, we have an opportunity and a responsibility to prayer for godly leadership and for unity.  This does not mean we have to change our ideals or beliefs unless we are led by God to do so.  It simply means we want great things for our country and the people.  We need God to lead our country.
     As I was studying the parable of the prodigal son, and his return to his father, the author reminded me of two things: 
    First, if the father knew what was happening to his son as he journeyed alone, in trouble with no help and without direction, it was like a knife wound in the father's heart.
    Secondly, everything the son had to began his journey came from his father, and everything he needed to regain his life was to be found only in his father's house.  
     The author also stated, "the joy of the father upon his son's return was unrestrained."
     Wouldn't it be awesome to see unrestrained blessings showered upon the United States of America?  How could we be more successful than that?
    
2 Chronicles 7:14     "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment