Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, November 27, 2017

The Day The Lord Made

 One of my favorite scriptures comes from Psalm 118:24, "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."     If I can start my day with a reminder of this verse, it helps me see the day as one of opportunity and blessings.  My days are not just past times, they are filled with meaning and life.   What I choose to do with them make me who I am and speaks volumes for my Christian walk. 

        The Day The Lord Made
"This is the day the Lord hath made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it."
  For, One day He died, yet arose;
  One day He saved me - a child He chose;  
  One day He forgave all He knows.
"This is the day the Lord hath made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it."
  For, this day, my burdens He hears;
  This day, He sustains through all my fears;
  This day, there are no forgotten years.
Oh!  Let me rejoice!
Let me lift up my voice.
  For this day He loves me;
  This day I am set free;
  This day, His grace helps me, just be. 
"I will rejoice and be glad in it."
  For, this day I am saved through Heaven's Source;
  This day I cast away my sins and remorse;
  This day He establishes my course.
Oh, yes!  Where is my voice through life's choice?
Let me sing and kneel to the King.
  For, "this is the day the Lord hath made.
  I will rejoice and be glad in it."
                                         Mary Crisp Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment