Preparing for the hunt, I rise early, before dawn, to gather whatever gear is needed. One of the first things is to make sure I have plenty of bullets, not that I am a poor shot, but because I want to be prepared. My .44 magnum rifle may have a shorter range capacity than some others, but it produces a powerful force when aimed properly at an unsuspecting target.
That is also what Satan does. While being fully supplied with enough bullets to deceive even the smartest of people, his aim is quick and powerful. Like a good hunter, he is ready and waiting for just the right moment to seek out his unsuspecting target. If the target sucessfully dodges that first bullet, there will be another coming behind it.
As humans, we don’t have the natural instinct given wild animals for survival. We have something better, a Book that never ages. Within the pages of this Book, God gave us our very own set of bullets as well as the wisdom to choose to use them in order to avoid becoming Satan’s target:
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
3. Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neightbor’s house, wife or possessions.